Terms of Service
This version (3.0) of our Terms of Service relates to Connect Rocket and is in effect as of – October 30, 2017.
We have updated our Terms of Service, which will be in effect starting October 30, 2017. If you want to review our old Terms of Service, effective on or before October 29, 2017, click here.
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms") carefully before using any of the products, including but not limited to Connect Rocket, Connect Rocket Community and or any of the services provided to you by Connect Rocket Communications Inc., ("Connect Rocket") a company duly incorporated under the laws of British Columbia Canada. The following Terms constitute a legal Agreement between you and Connect Rocket and governs your use of the Connect Rocket online products and services (collectively referred to as the "Service").
- The Service is a standard offering and was not built specifically for your organization.
- The Service may or may not be appropriate for your organization’s needs.
- If you do not agree to be bound by the Terms, do not use the Service.
- If these Terms change in the future and you do not agree with the Terms as changed, stop using the Service.
- If you have any concerns about the Service, do not use the Service.
- You agree that you use the Service at your own risk.
- The Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis.
By using the Service, you are agreeing to be bound by the following Terms.
Connect Rocket reserves the right to update and change the Terms from time to time without notice to govern further use. Continued use of the Service after any such changes shall constitute your agreement to such changes. Any new features that augment or enhance the current Service, shall be subject to the Terms. You can review the most current version of the Terms at any time by visiting www.connectrocket.com/terms.
- You must be 18 years or older to use this Service.
- You must provide your organization name, a valid: purchase order number, billing contact name, address, email address and phone number and any other information requested in order to complete the sign-up process. Exceptions to this requirement can only be granted by Connect Rocket at its sole discretion.
- Your Administrator sign in credentials may only be used by one person – a single sign in shared by multiple people is not permitted. You may create separate Administrator and/or Dispatcher sign ins for as many people within your organization as you require.
- You are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and password. Connect Rocket cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage from your failure to comply with this security obligation.
- You are responsible for everything you input, upload or download to or from the Service (“Content”) and all activity that occurs under your account (even when Content is posted by others who have sign ins under your account – whether members of your organization or third parties to whom you have granted access).
- You are responsible for backing up, to your own computer or other device, any Content that you store or access via the Service. Connect Rocket does not guarantee or warrant that any Content you may store or access through the Service will not be subject to inadvertent damage, corruption or loss.
- You may not use the Service for any illegal or unauthorized purpose. You must not, in the use of the Service, violate any laws of competent jurisdiction (including but not limited to copyright laws).
- You are responsible for the Terms and Conditions that govern your relationship with third parties who create user sign ins under your account (as would be the case with resident and/or visitor enrolments in a Connect Rocket Community Account). Nothing in these Terms or the Terms and Conditions which you provide to said third parties shall create a relationship between Connect Rocket and any third party.
- Violation of any of the Terms outlined above will result in the termination of your Account.
Payment, Refunds, Upgrading and Downgrading Terms
- A valid purchase order is required to open all new accounts. In some instances, Connect Rocket may allow an account to be opened without a purchase order but this decision will be at the sole discretion of Connect Rocket.
- All fees are due and payable in the lawful currency of Canada.
- Access to the Service will be granted to the individual who completed the sign up process (“Account Owner”) immediately after completing the sign-up process.
- The Base Service, as identified on our website is invoiced in advance, beginning on the day the account is created and is non-refundable. There will be no refunds or credits for any partial month of service, there will be no downgrade refunds, or refunds for months unused with an open account.
- Usage charges, as identified on our website for SMS and voice calls will be invoiced in arrears.
- Billing intervals for all accounts are monthly or quarterly. Exceptions to this requirement can only be granted by Connect Rocket at its sole discretion.
- Any discrepancy in the usage related billing must be brought to the immediate attention of Connect Rocket.
- All fees are exclusive of all taxes, levies, and/or duties imposed by taxing authorities of competent jurisdiction, and you shall be responsible for payment of all such taxes, levies, and/or duties.*
- The Account Owner is responsible for the payment of all invoices within the time period identified on the invoice. Failure to pay an invoice within the stated time frame could result in the cancellation of the Service.
- The Account Owner is responsible for the payment of any third-party charges incurred in the course of using the Service, including but not limited to; cellular charges (plans for voice and data), hardware costs, internet charges, landline charges or any other fee or charge that may be incurred in accessing the Service
*Attention Canadian Customers: Where appropriate, invoices will have GST/HST added for Canadian residents and is calculated based on the billing address of the individual paying for the account (“Account Owner”). Outside of British Columbia account owners are responsible for self-assessing any provincial sales tax(es) which may be due.
Cancellation and Termination
- The Account Owner is solely responsible for properly cancelling your account. To cancel your account, e-mail billing [at] connectrocket [dot] com from the e-mail address that is controlled by the Account Owner.
- Upon providing Connect Rocket with instruction to cancel the Service, all users will immediately cease to have access to the Service. All of your Content will be immediately deleted. Your Content cannot be recovered once your account is cancelled.
- If you cancel the Service before the end of your current paid period, your cancellation will take effect immediately and you will not be charged again.
- You remain responsible for any unbilled amounts for the Base Rate and/or Usage incurred up to the point of cancelation.
- Connect Rocket, at its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, if Connect Rocket deems your continued use would be inconsistent with good business practices and its policies. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your account or your access to your account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your account.
- Connect Rocket reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
Modifications to the Service and Prices
- Connect Rocket reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice.
- Price of the Service, including but not limited to the Base Rate and Usage charges are subject to change upon 30 days notice by Connect Rocket. Such notice may be provided at any time by posting the changes to the Connect Rocket website or by notification from within the Service itself.
- Connect Rocket shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Warranties, Acknowledgements and Limitation of Liability
- Connect Rocket does not warrant that (i) the Service will meet your specific requirements, (ii) the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from the use of the Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the Service will be corrected.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, you expressly understand and agree that Connect Rocket shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, Content or other intangible losses (even if Connect Rocket has been advised of the possibility of such damages), resulting from: (i) the use or the inability to use the Service; (ii) the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services resulting from any goods, data, information or services purchased or obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through or from the Service; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or Content; (iv) statements or conduct of any third party on the Service; (v) or any other matter relating to the Service.
- In any event, you specifically agree, that if you suffer loss or damage as a result of Connect Rocket’s negligence or failure to comply with these Terms, any claim by you against Connect Rocket arising from Connect Rocket’s negligence or failure will be limited in respect of any one incident, or series of connected incidents, to the total of all fees (excluding tax, levies and/or duties) paid by you to Connect Rocket in the previous one (1) month for the Base Service.
- Technical support is only provided to the Account Owner and is only available via email and our support website.
- You understand that Connect Rocket uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology required to run the Service. As such, your personal information and Content may be shared with these parties to the extent needed to provide the Service.
- You must not modify, adapt or hack the Service or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with the Service, Connect Rocket, or any other Connect Rocket service.
- You agree not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or exploit any portion of the Service, use of the Service, or access to the Service without the express written permission of Connect Rocket.
- We may, but have no obligation to, remove Content and accounts containing Content that we determine in our sole discretion to be unlawful, offensive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, pornographic, obscene or otherwise objectionable or in violation of any party’s intellectual property or these Terms, good practices or our policies.
- Verbal, physical, written or other abuse (including threats of abuse or retribution) of any Connect Rocket customer, employee, member, or officer will result in immediate account termination.
- You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Service, including your Content, may be transferred unencrypted and involve (a) transmissions over various networks; and (b) changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
- You must not upload, post, host, or transmit unsolicited email, SMSs, or “spam” messages.
- You must not transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- The Terms and any modifications as provided for herein, constitute the entire Agreement between the parties and no understandings, representations or agreements, oral or otherwise, exist between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement except as expressly set out or incorporated by reference in the Terms.
- The failure of Connect Rocket to exercise or enforce any right or provision of the Terms shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- If any provision of the Terms or the application thereof to any person or circumstance is invalid or unenforceable to any extent, the remainder of the Terms and the application of such provision to any other person or circumstance will not be affected or impaired thereby and will be valid and enforceable to the extent permitted by law.
- The Terms will enure to the benefit of and be binding upon the parties and their successors and permitted assigns.
- This Agreement will be governed by and construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Province of British Columbia, Canada.
- Any notice given under this Agreement by either party to the other must be by email and will be deemed to have been given on successful transmission. Notices to Connect Rocket must be sent to info [at] connectrocket [dot] com. Notices to You will be sent to the then current ‘Billing Contact’ email address which you have entered into the Service.
Questions about the Terms of Service should be emailed.